The Easter holidays provide a perfect opportunity to plan a fun-filled getaway with your family and furry companion. With dog-friendly attractions and beaches in the North East, you can explore a new part of the country without worrying about finding a dog sitter or dealing with the hassles and expenses of overseas travel. If you’re looking for a fantastic Easter break, consider visiting Saltburn Holiday Lets, where you can enjoy a range of exciting activities with your dog. Here are ten “egg-citing” ideas to help you make the most of your stay:
- Take a leisurely stroll on Saltburn beach with your dog and enjoy the picturesque sea views.
- Head to the Saltburn Valley Gardens and enjoy a picnic while your dog runs around and explores the beautiful gardens.
- Visit the nearby Guisborough Forest and enjoy a scenic walk with your furry friend. You can also visit the forest’s adventure playground and let your dog run around off-leash.
- Take a ride on the Saltburn Cliff Lift, which offers stunning views of the coast and is also dog-friendly.
- Visit the Saltholme Wildlife Reserve and Discovery Park, which offers a fantastic opportunity to witness a range of birds and other wildlife species with your dog.
- Explore the historic town of Whitby, which is just a short drive away from Saltburn Holiday Lets. Walk along the picturesque harbour and take your furry friend for a stroll on the beach.
- Visit the North York Moors National Park, where you and your dog can take a hike and admire the breathtaking scenery.
- Take a trip to the famous Captain Cook’s Birthplace Museum in nearby Middlesbrough, which welcomes dogs.
- Head to the local farmer’s market to pick up some locally sourced produce for a delicious home-cooked meal at your holiday let.
- Relax in your comfortable and dog-friendly accommodation at Saltburn Holiday Lets, enjoying quality time with your family and furry friend.
Overall, an Easter break at Saltburn Holiday Lets offers endless opportunities for adventure, relaxation, and quality time with your beloved pet.
Activities Happening Near Saltburn At Easter
1.Easter Adventure Quest at Whitby Abbey, North Yorkshire
Take part in an egg-cellent, dog-friendly adventure around Whitby Abbey grounds, hunting for clues, undertaking challenges and discovering traditional Easter games like egg rolling and the egg and spoon race. Successful adventurers will, of course, be awarded with a tasty chocolate treat – for humans only. Over the Easter weekend, from 7-10 April, the Easter fun ramps up with performers, storytelling sessions, games and races. Stay in one of our Dog friendly cottages for the perfect Easter staycation.
2. Helmsley Walled Garden, North York Moors
Celebrate the onset of Spring at Helmsley’s stunning walled garden, where you can bask in the therapeutic benefits of a day out in nature. Dogs are welcome everywhere from the gardens to the café, and there are plenty of water bowls dotted around for them. And when you want to break free for a longer walk, you’re on the doorstep of the North York Moors and the Cleveland Way National Trail.
3.Easter Egg Hunt at Ormesby Hall
Make your way along the trail and find nature-inspired activities for the whole family. There are 10 trail points to find along the way, from wheelbarrow racing to egg and spoon racing, rubbings and the artist space. The trail takes place between Saturday 1 – Sunday 16 April, from 10.30am to 4pm, with last entry at 3pm, so come along and explore the beautiful garden at Ormesby Hall.
Hop Into Easter On A Holiday With Your Dog
Feeling inspired to try some egg-citing with your dog this Easter? Check out our 4 Dog Friendly Cottages that are perfect for an egg-scape.